What brings me to this is the dandelion wine I posted about back on 5/15/2013. It sat in the secondary fermenter for about two months and then I racked it back into my plastic bucket, cleaned out the carboy, and racked it back into the 3 gallon glass. By doing this I cleared up a lot of yeast that had dropped out. I was just over the 3 gallon mark enough that inserting my auto siphon caused a small overflow of wine (that I drank). Racking always loses a little so I'm hoping to end up with exactly 3 gallons when it is all said and done. I'm tempted to bottle the wine, but I have a bottle of last year's brew sitting on the shelf and I keep comparing that to the carboy so I know it's not as clear as it can be.
I have some clear wine bottles ready to go, so when it's all clear I will have to run and get some corks, and try (for the first time) to cork some bottles. I got these for free from the local recycling center and cleaned them up:
After having tasted some of the dandelion wine, even though it is not finished, I can tell that this is much better than the first batch I made last year. It has more complex flavors and it is still sweet, but just enough. I am hoping this will be a good balance. I dare you to try it, anyone can brew it in their kitchen.